Monday, February 21, 2011

FREE STUFF!

Okay, I confess and apologize.  I should be telling you about good deals while they're still happening, not after the fact, but none the less I must share.  I promise to at least attempt to tell you good deals before they're over, but let this be a lesson to you to read flyers that come with the Sunday paper.  I know a lot of you probably don't get the Sunday paper, but I sure as hell bet you know someone who does, so ask them to save the flyers and coupons for you, and asking more than one person doesn't hurt, when you see a good deal you want to take advantage of it as much as you can, the more coupons, the more savings!

So onto the savings, or as we call it today: the FREE stuff!
I had read on one of the blogs I check, I think it was either passionforsavings.com or moneysavingmadness.com (as these are my two favs) on Saturday that there was an upcoming sale at Staples featuring products that end up being completely FREE after sale price and mail in rebate.  (I also heard about another good non free deal I'll mention at the end of this post).  So is it pathedic that Sunday morning I couldn't wait to get up and see the Staples flyer and the coupon book for the other good deal?  Guess I'm really a true psycho saver now.

Now where was I going with this?  Oh yeah, the FREE stuff.  Staples had a sale that was Sunday and Monday only (again my apologies!) that included 4 items there were FREE after mail in rebate: 1 ream multipurpose paper, Avery address labels, Pentel pens, and staples post it notes.  There were limits on rebates of 2 each on paper and labels and 1 each on the pens and the notes.  I didn't hit this sale until 6:00pm tonight, thinking I was wasting my time as all the good stuff would be gone, BUT it wasn't! The only thing they were out of was the pens, which I debating getting since I really don't need any more damn pens in this house but decided why not...they're free, but not for me tonight.  I did score the two reams of paper at $5.99 each two packages of address labels on sale for $9.99 each, and the post it notes for $4.00 ALL with mail in rebates for those amounts, meaning that I just paid $37.76 for items that I will get a check back for minus the $1.80 tax.  SWEET.  I love a deal but FREE is even better!

Now I mentioned last week about my stocking up on laundry detergent, maybe I should have waited a week!  I got a hold of the CVS flyer on Saturday and it showed the Purex was on sale for $1.99 (as it was the week before at Walgreens when I purchased it at this price without a coupon as it was half price of what I usually pay at Wal-Mart).  Now one thing I love about at least CVS and Rite Aid and I think Walgreens too, is their flyer will show a sale price, and then alert to you to the fact that there will be a coupon in the Sunday paper!  So when I saw this Saturday I couldn't wait to get up on Sunday and see how much the Purex coupon was for!  Its for $1 off one, meaning the detergent is 99cents.  Great!  Great seriously and Great sarcastically because I really don't need any more detergent right now!  But I can't let this savings go, and I've been telling my friends about my deals and hearing how maybe they should take a learning lesson from me and save some deseperately needed money, so I decided I'm going to take a friend that I know uses Purex on a shopping trip this week, hand her my CVS card, and the at least 4 Purex coupons I have (with more likely to come as I still got some people out there I gotta get coupons from Sunday's paper from!), and let her feel how good it is to buy 4 bottles of detergent for the price of one.  I think sharing a little happiness will feel just as good as saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment