Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This Ain't so Easy

Well nothing exciting to report here, today's trip to the grocery store for the usual weekly stuff was a coupon flop.  I spent all afternoon searching the internet and comparing flyers, resulting in not much savings.  I'm realizing I don't have enough of a coupon stockpile to make big savings right now, but everyone has to start somewhere so I'm not giving up; I've proven to myself with my Rite-Aid trip that I can save if I work at it, have the right coupon at the right time and catch the right sale.

I did come a good deal today that I'll share.  At hannaford.com you can print off a coupon for $2 off any seafood purchase for $2 or more, meaning that 1/4 lb of shrimp I got today for $2.08 was a cheap side to go with steak some night for supper.  I don't eat it but my husband and daughter will surely appreciate it.

Previously I had signed up for the Right@Home newsletter and received an email from them today for a chance to get a free glade candle, the first 5,000 to respond get it for free, I just got the email an hour or more ago, so check it out and see if you can get your hands on something free: http://www.rightathome.com/Offers/Pages/2011-02-gladegiftpack.aspx?sid=offer&cid=201102rah&rid=126812329&om_rid=NsohiM&om_mid=_BNSJaiB8YF2MB3

I'm finding that a lot of coupon sites are, for lack of a better term, junk.  coupons.com seems to be legit as well as boxtops4education.com, and eatbetteramerica.com/coupons/ to name a few.  I have however noticed that many offer the same coupons as the next. 

I made my first coupon purchase on ebay today too.  I paid $2.20 for a lot of 100 coupons which the seller promised to be an envelope containing at least 10 coupons for buy one get one free items, and that the lot did not contain coupons for any baby, vitamins, etc. meaning they all should be food and cleaning supplies, we'll see.  If it works out it will be worth the $3.70 I paid total after the $1.50 shipping.  I'm going to wait on delivery of these before I stock pile more.

This crusade is a work in the making, a learning experience, and I'm learning its gonna take some time before I am one of those shoppers who can go into a store and get over $400 worth of groceries for $20.  Those shoppers aren't brand loyal, and for some stuff, I just am.  Plus I have young children who have wants and needs and if my fussy child only eats about 3 foods, well I'm gonna have to buy those regardless of whether or not I have a coupon, so I may never be that shopper, but for now I will surely take being the Rite Aid getting over $16 worth of merchandise for 65 cents shopper and continue on this crusade.

No comments:

Post a Comment