Monday, May 2, 2011

A Few Sunday Deals

I wasn't planning on running out on a shopping trip Sunday since it was my husband and I's 7th wedding anniversary, but we ending up dropping the kids off a little bit before dinner and had the first chance ever to take my husband on a coupon adventure with me!

I was excited to hit Walgreen's and get the cottonelle deal, but CVS is on the way so we stopped there first.  I had seen a decent toilet paper deal there as well with Charmin, and well considering we have two bathrooms and only one roll of paper left Sunday morning I figure it wans't a bad thing to take advantage of two toilet paper deals.

Now remember I had to open a pkg of paper once we got home so this picture only has the 1.  I saved big on the paper towels, only to get home and realize they're not select a size which is totally annoying to me, but I'll survive.  The bounty is reguarly $9.99 was on sale for $7.99 with $2 extra care bucks and I had a $1 off coupon, it was like paying $4.99, good deal.  The charmin was on sale for $4.99 with a $1 ECB and the $1 off two coupon I had I felt it was a pretty good deal!  The toothpaste was the best deal, on sale for $2.77 with $2.77 back in ECB it was already like getting it for free but I made $2 on them with a $1 off one manufact. coupon I had on each!

Total regular retail before tax would have been $31.35, with sales and my manufacturer's coupon and $3 ECB I had from a previous purchase I paid $17.54 with tax and received $9.54 in extra care bucks.

And like I always like to do if I can I went and spend the ECB right away on another purchase:

These were on sale for $4 and if you purchased $10 worth of these and/or a few other participating products (which included magic erasers which I was originally going to get with a great $1.50 off coupon but they were out so I opted for 3 of the swiffer solutions) you got $3 ECB.

These would have retailed for $19.47, with the sale they were $12, but I used the $9.54 ECB I had just earned in my previous transaction and paid only $3.01 with tax AND received $3 ECB for another purchase.

Onto Walgreens for the cottonelle!  I had been looking forward to this deal since seeing it on moneysavingmadness.com last week.  Apparently getting to Walgreens at 3:00pm on the day of the sale is not soon enough!  They were out!  But the clerk assured me their would be more on their truck on Tuesday and that the sale was actually for the whole month of May!  So back to Walgreens I will go later in the week.

Funny story from Walgreens and their long line.  My husband was kind of happy they were out of the toilet paper so we didn't have to wait in the longest line I'd ever seen at Walgreen's before, but I had to break the news that we were waiting in that line, I needed a raincheck! (Only of course to find out that I didn't because the sale was through the month and they were getting more).  So as we're waiting in the line this little old lady comes up behind us and after a moment another clerk came out to take customers at another register.  The old lady says "about time they got someone else out here!  jeez!".  Well apparently she's in a big hurry I'm thinking to myself, the line did have about 5 or so people ahead of us but its Walgreen's, not wal-mart or hannaford, obviously people don't have huge transactions and the clerk was efficient and moving the line along just fine.  The second clerk starts taking the next in line from the one line, she does that once and then there is just the customer at the first register, the guy in front of me, us, and the old lady, who jumps to the other register, the clerk tells her that she was actually taking the next person in line to which the old lady replies "well I was here before them!  I had to run around the store to find another clerk while you were hiding out back in the store room!"  I said its fine go ahead but then the old lady says no, she doesn't want to help me, and I refuse to go to that line and make the old hag get out of here any quicker and by now the guy in front of me is having his stuff rung up so the other clerks closes her lane and the old lady has to wait!  I happened to notice when we came into the store that the other clerk was actually helping a customer at the photo machine, and as soon as she was done that she came to the register, so I have no idea why the old lady was saying she was hiding out back.  Some people.  The more you shop the more you run into them.

On a good note the husband and I had a great drawn out relaxing time enjoying some fine drinks, appetizer, great meals and best dessert at Margarita's.  Spent more than we should have but what we saved at CVS made you feel a little less guilty about it....

I did snag some good deals at Shaw's last week including a box of Ritz for 50cents and another jar of jelly for cheap.  I also purchased 3 more bottles of Purex at 99cents each, but since that seems to be a deal I come upon quite often I haven't blogged about it everytime, I now have about 10 bottles of laundry detergent in my stash, and I will continue to add to it when I can get it cheap, and don't think I'll ever pay more than 99cents for laundry detergent again!  

What deals have you hit this week?

Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment