Thursday, May 12, 2011

Score!

Got some great deals at Rite Aid last night.  Although moneysavingmadness.com spoke of a $5 off Tylenol Precise in a recent smartsource coupon book I was not able to locate it in my copy, and this is not the first time this has happened, apparently coupons are regional and sometimes can differ from where this blogger calls home.  However, she was kind enough to provide the link for a printable, of which I was able to print two, I was hoping to score BIG but two is better than nothing.

The Tylenol Precise is on sale this week at Rite Aid for $5 and the coupons were for $5 off 1, making them FREE.  (I never get tired of seeing, typing or saying that word...who would?)  I also clipped 3 carefree pantiliner coupons from a previous smartsource and scored 3 pkgs of those for free.  I was thinking that since this sale started Sunday and these items work out to be free that the shelves would be empty as is the usual case, but it was not, the carefree liners were well stocked and the Precise was very well stocked.  The Rite Aid flyer even mentioned the $5 coupon in their flyer showing this item would be free but I have to assume that since the shelf was full that probably everyone else ran into the same issue as I did and just didn't have that coupon in their smartsource this week.

FREE FREE FREE
But the deals don't end there!  I also purchased Crest White Strips for only $10 as they are reguarly $29.99 were on sale for $19.99 and I had a $10 coupon.  I was actually hesitant to spend so much money on something for myself but decided it was worth it considering I have been wanting to whitten my teeth for years now but last I checked it was still over $150 at the dentist, and the dentist himself told me the whitestrips do work quite well, they just don't reach the back teeth so if you have a wide smile (which I do not) its going to be noticable on the back teeth.  Excited to try these out and see if they really work!

I also purchased a prescription and other items I needed that I didn't have a coupon for, a grill brush, some mints and gum, and in total saved over $40.  I decided to cash out at the pharmacy with my prescription and the pharmacist rung me up, it was an older man I'd never seen there before and he joked and asked if I was testing him with my coupons admitting he is not the greatest cash register operator.  He had my stuff rung up first before he entered my rite aid rewards card and was impressed by how much entering the card saved me, then once he scanned my coupons he kept saying wow that's a $10 coupon, wow that's a $5 coupon!  He looked at my prescription to call me by name and said "wow Lynn, that is great, you just saved over $40, that's awesome, that's incredible, I want you to teach me your ways, I think you should write a manual for this!" I then told him that was not really a big shopping trip for me and he was even more amazed.  I thanked him for his excitement, finally I got a cashier that was just as excited as I was (I think he was even more excited than me!) and it was the pharmacist, go figure, didn't expect that!

That's about all I have to report on deals this week, wasn't impressed with any deals go on at other stores, and yeah there are items I could get for 49 cents or free, but they're items I don't use, and who needs their basement full of stuff they'll never use?  My basement already has enough junk in it!

Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment