Thursday, May 19, 2011

Call those Companies!

Several weeks ago moneysavingmadness.com mentioned contacting companies directly for coupons.  She provided links to several companies to request coupons for and I did this several days, I didn't even contact every company she mentioned because I either didn't use that product or didn't have the time, and I have received TONS of coupons in the mail. 

There are products that she didn't mention that I use so I decided to do some contacting myself.  While I'm cooking breakfast if I see a item in the cupboard I reguarly use but have never seen a coupon for (ie hershey syrup) I called the company.  Turns out hershey syrup didn't have any coupons for me but I tried.

One product I use on an almost daily basis is my Oregon Chai. 
I love the vanilla chai, I've been known to make a special trip to Wal-Mart for it (they're the only ones I know of that carry it), and I never ever see coupons for it.  So I've been saying I gotta call for coupons but I forget.  Then I opened up a new box, and inside it was an exploded package and powder all inside the box, I had never seen this happen, and the light went on, now I have two reasons to call!  So I did.  I spoke to a very nice lady who took some information from me off the box and said they would be sending out a replacement.  I asked her if they had coupons and she said they did and would send those out seperately.  Two days later I received a hand written (my god this still happens?!) note from the lady I spoke with with 8 $1 off 1 coupons!  The next day I received a new box of Chai, a box contains 8 or 10 pkts and only the one in my box was damaged.  Let me tell you if you're into couponing it is worth it to call the companies of the products you buy and ask for coupons!

Happy Company Calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment