Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Rite Satisfaction

I didn't realize I was going to score such deals at Rite Aid this week, but I did.  I went there three times in two days.

It started Tuesday morning with my previous post, the Tangled purchase.  When I got home I thought I'd look through the flyer again to see if there was anything I should use my $10 +up rewards on this week. I noticed the Finish dishwasher products on sale for 50% off and those products along with some other products earned you $5 +up rewards for spending $15, and somehow I'm always snagging Finish deals at Rite Aid and did I ever snag a deal tonight:

Total out of pocket $4.30.  AND I got $5 in +up rewards to spend on my next purchase!  Its like I made $.70 on this deal!  These retail for $34.44 before tax! 

The tabs were $6.49 each on sale for $3.24
The powder and jet dry $4.99 on sale $2.49
$1 Rite Aid off any finish product
(3) $.75 off finish tabs
(1) $.50 off the jet dry
Factor in my $10 +up rewards from my previous Tangled purchase and hello savings! 

Took my $5 +up rewards I earned from this purchase and went right back to the shelves, snagging four boxes of pop tarts which were bogo, and had one $1 off 2 coupon, used a "filler" of a $1 bag of caramel filled chocolate eggs (anything caramel filled = my weakness) and ended up paying $.43 out of pocket (after tax) for $11.76 worth of merchandise (before tax)!

Both of my receipts also printed out a survey which I just took both and received two coupons for $3 off purchase of $15 or more.


Feeling pretty damn good about myself I head to CVS, I'd been looking forward to a good deal I saw since Sunday!
First I use my raincheck for the dial nutriskin lotion that had been on sale for $4.99 with $3 ECB (extra care bucks) and I had a $1 off coupon.  Paid $4.24 but got $3 ecb.  Used the $3 ecb in my next purchase staking advantage of Stove Top Stuffing on sale for 77 cents which I had two 50 cent coupons for...yes 27 cent stove top stuffing, this is the deal I had been excited for since Sunday!  I love my stove top!
Took advantage of Kellogg's cereal being on sale for $1.87 and snagged 3 boxes with $1 off 3 coupon.  Used my $3 ecb and paid $2.15 out of pocket. 

It blows my mind to think if I had gone into the store, needing these products, with no sales and no coupons I would have paid $24.74 for these products before tax.  I paid $6.39 out of pocket with tax.

I also noticed tonight while I was typing this blog that my CVS receipt says as of March 15 I have saved $146.53 at CVS this year.  I think I like that!

And because my daughter has seen me come home and line up all my deals and snap pictures she had decided she needs to get in on this, so as I'm unloading stuff from the rest of my trip which included a trip to the grocery store for some needed stuff I buy with out without coupons she decided she had to set up some products and take a picture herself:

I will mention I had a Free coupon for the Motts after finding one rancid in the last pack I bought and calling the company about it.  I had a $1 coupon off the fruit cups after contacting the company via their website and asking for coupons.  I had a $1 off 2 on the yogurt, a $1 off the deli cheese, and a $1 off 2 on the rice and bought it because I can get a $5 rebate for buying that and the Tangled DVD, and well, we like rice!  I was not so lucky with the strawberry and chocolate syrup, I actually called Hershey's to see if they would send me coupons and they told me no, to look in my sunday paper and check their website.  There was nothing on their website for coupons and although from time to time I see Hershey coupons for candy in the sunday paper coupons, never ever have I seen a coupon for the syrup, which is what I said I wanted a coupon for when I called! 

Maybe Target tomorrow?  Who knows!

Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment